Click here to find out more about admissions for September 2024 for Didcot Primary Academy
Children born between 1st September 2019 and 31st August 2020 will be starting school in September 2024.
Reception 2023 for Didcot Primary Academy
You will be able to book a place on one of these tours from September. Tours will be limited to a group of no more than 16. Tours last around 20 minutes - half an hour. You will be shown round by the Principal or a member of the school's senior leadership team in her absence. Tours occur on selected Fridays or Mondays at 1:30pm You must book a ticket on Eventbrite in order to book a place on a tour. Please do not turn up without booking.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many children are in the class? There are two classes in our Reception cohorts with 30 places in each. This is the legal maximum class size for children aged 4-7 (Reception to Year 2). We generally have a full time teaching assistant in each class. After Reception, teaching assistants are placed according to the additional needs within the classroom.
- Will the classes mix? There is an interconnecting door between both reception classrooms and this is open during exploring time. The large outdoor area is shared between Reception and nursery children.
- My child is not yet completely toilet trained, is this a problem? Staff will help your child to become more independent in this area.
- Do you have a catchment area? No, there is no set area. However, children are allocated places strictly following our admission policy. The first children to be allocated are those that are 'cared for by the Local Authority' and children with an EHCP where the school has already been named. The second group to be allocated are children of staff who have worked at the school for more than 2 years, then siblings and then by distance. We have been heavily oversubscribed since we opened. Children at our nursery do not have any advantage when being allocated a place.
- When will we find out if we have been allocated a place? 16th April 2024. We will be in touch with you shortly after this to start the transition work.
- When do I need to decide? You need to make sure that you have made your choice by the first deadline of 15th January 2024. If you miss this deadline it is highly unlikely that you will be allocated a place at our school.
- My child has special needs what help will they have? We have a large number of children on our SEND register and highly skilled staff. Our SENCO will be in touch to discuss your child's needs in more detail if you are allocated a place. It is highly unlikely that your child will be eligible for one to one support.